Thursday evening June 22 ACG Holland, the Dutch arm of the global organization focused on driving middle-market growth, held its second annual Growth Awards Ceremony at the Heineken Experience in Amsterdam.
The Growth Awards recognize the achievements of mid-market companies and their advisors in the Netherlands. Some 100 dealmakers attended the event which was presented by BNR radio presenter, Paul van Liempt.
Nominations for the awards were submitted by the ACG Holland members and the winners were selected by an independent panel represented by the event sponsors; Merrill Corporation, Valery Capital, Orange Clover, Atlas Tax and the event organisers.
ACG Holland President: Roelof Valkenier; “This was the second ACG Holland Awards. We awarded some exemplary growth stories setting good examples for our industry. We hope these awards energise the middle market community to pursue further growth and inspire others.
“During the evening we heard from guest speaker Mike Hinchliffe, Merrill Corporation how the impact of Brexit on the European M&A community was not the doom and gloom that everyone forecast, showing the resilience of the middle market industry.
I would like to congratulate all the 2017 winners!”
Pictured: in the middle – Luuc Elzinga, CEO & Co-Founder Tiqets
The winners and nominations of the awards were:
Deal of the Year Award: recognises the most impressive corporate middle market deal in the Netherlands.
- HPE Growth Capital minority stake in Tiqets -– WINNER
- NPM minority stake in Picnic
- ABN AMRO Participaties majority stake in PCI
Best PE Exit Award: recognises the PE Firm who has achieved the best exit on an M&A transaction in the Netherlands.
- Standard Investment sale of ALT to GIMV – WINNER
- Gilde Buy out Partners sells Novograaf to Paragon Partners
- Avantium – IPO
Best PE Entry Award: recognises the PE firm who has achieved the best entry on an M&A transaction in the Netherlands.
- Waterland invests in Nuts Group – WINNER
- Fortino Capital for its participation in the series B investment round of Bloomon
- Egeria acquired The Employment Group from Bencis Capital Partners. On the same day, Egeria, acquired KP&T from Mentha Capita. KP&T is integrated in The Employment Group
Best Advisor Award: recognises the adviser who has achieved significant success on M&A transactions in the Netherlands.
- Danny Bosker, KPMG – WINNER
- Pien van Veersen – Orange Clover
- Bart Jonkman – Capitalmind
Innovation Award: recognises the company showing exceptional creativity and talent while significantly impacting their region and community.
- Rutgers & Posch for the Pro Bono Club – WINNER
- Dummen Orange: the global leader in the floricultural breeding sector
- Constance Scholten for Camarilla, the world’s smallest social network
Source: ACG Holland